Ikelite 46055 DL1 DS Link Nikon TTL Converter with Nikonos N5 Connector
Ikelite pioneered underwater TTL flash exposure for DSLR and Mirrorless cameras and this is the next iteration of our world-renowned Nikon TTL flash circuitry. Provided with a Nikonos N5 connector for use with a wide variety of other manufacturers’ DSLR and Mirrorless housings.
- Faster, more accurate, and more reliable than fibre optic TTL triggers
- Always ready when you are – no batteries required
- Switch between TTL and manual exposure with the press of a button
- Supports flash exposure (EV) compensation set in the camera
- Supports rear curtain sync
- Improves strobe battery life and recycle time
- One TTL converter supports a wide selection of camera models
- Independently waterproof sealed
- Standard Nikonos N5 type connector at housing end
About Nikon TTL
TTL or “Thru-the-Lens” flash metering means the camera evaluates the scene and communicates exposure information directly to the compatible flash. The camera automatically adjusts the power output of the external flash, so you don’t have to.
TTL exposure is faster and often more accurate than setting the flash output manually. TTL can be the difference between getting a properly exposed image or not, especially when shooting fast-moving subjects and subjects that are moving towards or away from you. TTL is by far the easiest way to shoot perfectly exposed macro photography and allows you to concentrate on focus and framing. When shooting wide angle or close focus wide angle (CFWA), set your camera to properly expose the background and let the DL1 adjust your strobe intensity for proper exposure of the foreground.
Ikelite was the first company to introduce TTL for underwater strobes with Nikon DSLR cameras, and continues to set the standard for accuracy of Nikon TTL flash protocol.
Electrical Flash Triggering
Connecting an electrical sync cord is as quick and easy as screwing in a light bulb. Electrical triggering supports greater accuracy, faster rapid firing, and less missed flashes as compared to fibre optic triggering. Use of electrical TTL also dramatically increases strobe battery life.
Use of this TTL Converter requires a Nikonos N5-style electrical bulkhead strobe connector and TTL hotshoe (not included). This type of connection is offered by a wide variety of housing manufacturers including Aquatica, Nauticam, Subal, Seacam, SEA&SEA, Isotta, and others. If you are unsure whether your housing meets these requirements, please contact us.
The ultimate flexibility
Switch between TTL and manual flash exposure modes with the simple push of a button. A super bright LED indicator light shows you which mode you are in with a quick glance. When in TTL mode, flash exposure (EV) compensation can be accessed quickly and easily through the camera’s menus. The DL1 DS Link fully supports rear curtain sync flash modes.
The DL1 DS Link is independently waterproof sealed and can be used with a wide array of camera models. Simply use a dual sync cord to fire two strobes in TTL from a single DL1 DS Link converter.
Non-Ikelite housings for Nikon DSLR cameras featuring a TTL flash hotshoe and Nikonos N5 bulkhead; If you are unsure whether your housing meets these requirements, please contact the manufacturer.
- Nikon D2X, D3, D4
- Nikon D40, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90
- Nikon D200, D300, D300s
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D600, D610, D700, D750
- Nikon D800, D810, D850
- Nikon D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600
- Nikon D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500
- Nikon Z5
- Nikon Z50
- Nikon Z6, Z6 II
- Nikon Z7, Z7 II
- DS50 strobes: above serial number 75510 with update
- DS51 strobes: above serial number 78700
- DS125 strobes: above serial number 7928
- DS160, DS161 strobes: all
- DS200 strobes: above serial number 7163
- Not compatible with non-digital Ikelite strobes including but not limited to SS50, SS200, SS400, Ai, 100/A
- Not compatible with SEA&SEA, INON, or other non-Ikelite strobes
Sync Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobes # 45151
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 45152
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobe # 4103.51 (out of production)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 4103.52 (out of production)
- 89g (3.1 ounces)
In the Box