Ikelite 71720 200DL Housing for Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Cameras
A full-featured and durable waterproof housing for Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible Ikelite DL Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens Port not included.
This popular model has been designed from the ground up to include all of Ikelite’s latest improvements.
The single most important upgrade in this housing is Ikelite’s long-awaited new Dry Lock (DL) port system. This exciting new system is even more robust and even easier to assembly than their time-tested Four Lock (FL) system. The new ports are lighter and more adaptable and can accommodate extremely large diameter lenses with ease. If you’re considering shooting professional quality lenses like the Canon EF 16-35mm Type II/III or the Canon EF 11-24mm, then the Ikelite DL system is essential.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using a simple yet effective gearing system that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch lobed knob on the side of the housing makes fine-tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. All are lightweight and affordable. Refer to the DL System Port Chart to choose the correct gear. Zoom gears are sold separately.
Due to differences in mount diameter and zoom engagement, Ikelite DL and FL system ports cannot be used interchangeably. The Ikelite DL port mount may be removed and replaced with old style Port Locks for FL Port System (Set of 4) # 5509.04 for legacy users with standard or modular ports from the Four Lock system. This modification will prevent the use of newer DL ports. The housing cannot be converted back and forth repeatedly. Re-installation of the DL port base will require the housing to be returned to Digital Diver and may incur additional service charges. There are significant advantages to upgrading your lens ports. If you’re shooting an 8″ diameter dome, you’ll also save almost .907g (2 pounds) by using the new DL version instead.
The included vacuum valve allows you to vacuum test the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Combined with a full view of the camera and an O-ring seal through the back of the housing, there is no greater assurance that your gear will be safe. Ikelite’s open groove design suspends the rear O-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the O-ring into a channel. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
This housing supports your choice of shooting all manual or adding TTL electronics depending on your application. The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain.
You can still enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the Ikelite CT1K Canon TTL Kit # 46075 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the optional Ikelite TTL electronics or carry backup parts when travelling to remote locations.
Controls and Set-Up
In addition to the more ergonomic zoom control, Ikelite has also upgraded the all-important shutter and AF-ON levers to a more natural feeling curved design. Both controls can optionally be extended using the Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.95 for more comfortable use when using a right-hand quick release handle.
Push buttons have been redesigned to reduce weight and salt build-up. The back of the housing features laser engraved control symbols that will never fade or fall off.
The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
The included Supereye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera’s optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 2) # 6891.2.
Handling & Travel
Overall the housing is over 1/2 pound lighter than a typical Ikelite FL counterpart. The new hard anodized aluminium base with a quick release handle has also been streamlined for travel and is over 3/4 pound lighter than the previous Ikelite DSLR tray and handle system. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on how you want to shoot. The precision-machined aluminium base features 1/4-20 tripod mounting sockets and additional mounting locations for future accessories. Plus, the base and handle can be quickly removed when breaking down your system for travel.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and centre on the housing above the lens port mount. This mount can be used to attach lightweight accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera.
If you’re shooting with two strobes or lighting arms, then an Aluminium Top Handle # 4080.08 can be added to make the system easier to carry to and from the dive site. The rigid aluminium version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
The new ABS-PC blend front is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and visibility, and keeps your camera running cooler in the sun.
Like its predecessor and all of Ikelite’s housings, this product is made in the USA, individually inspected for fit, and water pressure tested to 60m (200 feet).
SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
fibre optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by an electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured by Aquatica).
This housing is only compatible with cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- 60m (200 feet) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls; Controls are not provided for the LCD panel illumination button, Depth-of-field preview button, Dioptric adjustment knob, Multi-function lock switch
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in freshwater
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- 2.2Kg (4.8 lb)
- 234 x 180 x 168 mm (9.2 x 7.1 x 6.6″)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for the reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-ring #0132.61
- Front O-ring #0132.45
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer #0945.06
- .050″ Hex Key #0945.11
- 1/16″ Hex Key #0945.16
- Silicone Lubricant # 5020
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.61. Carry a backup in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45. Carry a backup in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011. Pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02. Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.95. Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use (requires 2 to extend both controls).
- DL5 DS Link Canon TTL Converter and CT1 TTL Hotshoe Kit # 46075 for Fast, Accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # # 6891.2 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos’ colour and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 13m (45 ft) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source.