Ikelite 73005 50DL Housing for Nikon D500 DSLR
A full featured and durable waterproof housing for Nikon D500 DSLR cameras. Suitable for snorkel, surf, pool, and many applications in or around the water.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible DL Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens Port not included.
- 15m (50′) depth rating
- Housing back is interchangeable with optional dive 60m (200′) back (sold separately); add the dive back to take this housing to recreational diving limits
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob; Zoom is accessible for many lenses using our unique universal zoom gear system
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provide automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- One spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle; Right-hand handle sold separately
- Signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 2 year limited warranty
Use optional DL1 DS Link TTL Converter # 46054 for automatic TTL exposure with compatible Ikelite DS-model Strobes. Ikelite DS-model strobes may be used with this system without the TTL Hotshoe and Converter, but will not provide TTL exposure.
SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fibre optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by electrical sync cord.
Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
- Shutter-release button
- Power switch
- Movie-record button
- Sub-command dial
- Exposure compensation (+/-) button
- ISO button
- MODE button
- WB button
- Metering button
- BKT button
- Lens release button
- AF-ON button
- Main command dial
- Multi selector
- Info button
- Live view selector
- Lv button
- Playback button
- MENU button
- OK button
This housing is only compatible with the Nikon D500 DSLR as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- 15m (50′) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- 2 kg (4.5 lb)
- 234 x 180 x 160 mm (9.2 x 7.1 x 6.3″)
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear o-ring # 0132.61
- Front o-ring # 0132.45
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- .050″ Hex Key # 0945.11
- 1/16″ Hex Key # 0945.16
- Silicone Lubricant # 5020
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.61. Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011. Pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02. Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.95. Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use (requires 2 to extend both controls).
- DL1 DS Link TTL Converter # 46054 for Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting under water. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos’ color and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 13m (45 ft) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source.