Ikelite 71766 200DL Housing for Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Digital Camera
A full-featured and durable waterproof housing for Canon EOS R6 full-frame mirrorless digital cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible DL Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens, Port & Camera not included.
Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Camera
The 2020 Canon EOS R6 is the very accomplished little brother of the hugely popular EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera. It features the same 20 megapixel CMOS sensor found in the professional 1D X Mark III. The R6 is capable of capturing 4K 60p Raw video.
A Dual Pixel AF II system, great image stabilization, and burst shooting up to 20 fps make this a great choice for underwater action shooting. The 3.69 million dot OLED EVF (electronic viewfinder) is perfect for both framing and reviewing images.
The EOS R6 has a CIPA battery life rating of 360 shots per charge.
This housing features our robust Dry Lock (DL) port system. “Dry Lock” refers to the placement of the o-ring on the outside of the port mount. This improves visibility and reduces the chances of water dropping onto your precious camera sensor. DL ports are the lightest on the market, yet robust and capable of standing up to rough surf. Attachment is quick and secure. A system of extensions can accommodate a huge variety of lenses with ease.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using simple gearing that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch knob on the side of the housing makes fine-tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. Zoom gears sold separately.
The included vacuum valve allows you to pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
There is no greater assurance than being able to see your camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing. Our signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. Once the housing is closed you can see the o-ring form a solid, waterproof seal.
TTL Strobe Exposure
This housing supports your choice of shooting manual strobes or adding TTL electronics depending on your application. The included manual hotshoe with Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead supports manual strobe exposure with a wide variety of strobes including Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, and others.
Enjoy the fastest and most accurate strobe exposure on the market by adding the DL5 DS Link Canon TTL Converter and CT1 TTL Hotshoe Kit # 46075 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. The DS Link can be programmed to the camera’s specific TTL protocol and supports both first curtain and rear curtain sync up to the camera’s maximum flash sync speed. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera. A push-button and indicator light on the side of the converter makes it simple to switch back and forth between TTL and manual exposure underwater.
Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the CT1 TTL Hotshoe or carry backup parts when travelling to remote locations.
Good ergonomics are critical when you need to concentrate on composition, focus, and proper exposure. Large, curved control levers put the most important controls right where you need them: shutter and autofocus (via the AF-L button). This combination allows you to shoot with or without back button focus, an advanced technique that is useful for tack sharp focus of super macro and fast-moving subjects. Each lever can be extended using the optional Trigger Extension # 4077.95 for perfect spacing when using a right-hand handle.
The rotating controls are all operated intuitively via premium soft-touch knobs. An oversized, lobed knob puts the zoom/focus knob at your fingertips while your left hand stays on the handle. Stainless steel, direct-drive rotating controls are virtually fail-safe and user-serviceable and adjustable in a pinch.
All rear camera buttons are accessible by smooth action, hard-anodized aluminium push buttons for reliable performance and easy maintenance. These controls are clearly labelled by laser engraving on the back of the housing that never fades or falls off.
The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
Use the camera’s built-in wi-fi feature to download photos to another device without removing the camera from the housing. The WiFi feature is only usable above water within close proximity to the connected device.
The included Super-Eye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera’s optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder (Type 2) # 6890.2 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3. The angle of a 45º viewfinder is more ergonomic when shooting underwater plus it provides a larger and brighter view than the standard Super-Eye.
M16 Accessory Port
The spare M16 threaded accessory port provides an attachment point for third party accessories including HDMI bulkheads.
Handling & Travel
The housing, tray, and handles have been optimized to reduce weight while maintaining strength and durability. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on your needs. The precision-machined aluminium base features 1/4-20 tripod mounting sockets and additional mounting locations for future accessories. The base and handle can be quickly removed when breaking down your system for travel.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and centre on the housing above the lens port mount. This mount can be used to attach lightweight accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera.
If you’re shooting with two strobe or lighting arms, then a top handle can be added to carry to and from the dive site. Top handles are available in a Cable Grip # 4080.09 or Aluminium Top to Handle # 4080.08. The rigid aluminium version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
Adding a dedicated focus light to your top mount or strobe arm is highly recommended for more accurate autofocus in low light settings.
Our new ABS-PC blend front is durable, provides improved contrast and visibility, keeps your camera running cooler in the sun, and is significantly lighter weight than aluminium alternatives.
Every housing is made in the USA, individually inspected for fit, and water pressure tested to 60m (200 feet).
SEA&SEA, INON, and Retra strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fibre optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by an electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Aquatica Water Wizard system.
This housing is only compatible with Canon EOS R6 cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other camera models from being used in or adapted to this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- 60m (200′) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls;
- Controls are not provided for the Depth of field preview button, Multi-function lock button, Multi-controller (can be pushed in for use as a user-programmable button)
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in freshwater
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- 2123 g (4.7 lb) without tray and handle
- 2434 g (5.4 lb) with tray and handle
- 220 x 175 x 165 mm (8.75 x 6.875 x 6.5″)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for the reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-ring # 0132.59
- Front O-ring # 0132.45
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- .050″ Hex Key # 0945.11
- Silicone Lubricant # 5020
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.59 Carry a backup in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45 Carry a backup in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011 Pressurizes the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.95 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use (requires 2 to extend both controls).
- DL5 DS Link Canon TTL Converter and CT1 TTL Hotshoe Kit # 46075 Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
- Cable Top Handle Grip # 4080.09 The most convenient way to carry the system when shooting with two strobe arms.
Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos’ colour and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 13m (45 ft) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source.